Senior Playworker – Bwlchgwyn Cabin Crew, Wrexham
Closing date: 22/02/2023
Contracted weekly hours: 35 hours per week (averaged). Specific hours to be negotiated, a part time/job share or sessional work will be considered.
Days of work: Monday-Friday
Hours to be worked: During term time and during holidays
Hours of work: After school and during the school day
Applicant must have Level 3 Qualification in Playwork or Childcare (if only a childcare qualification is held the candidate would be required to commit to undertaking a 12 week Transition in Playwork course as this is an essential requirement of the role. This would need to be completed during the probationary period, which may be extended depending on the course start date – further details can be provided if successful for interview).
Applicant must be able to evidence:
– Experience of working in childcare with children ages 3 – 12 years
– Excellent communication skills
– Be able to work on their own initiative
– Be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual
– Have the ability to work flexibly
– Provide evidence of planning & leading both indoor and outdoor activities
– Proven experience of working in a team
– Proven experience of staff supervision
– Paediatric First Aid
– Food hygiene
Description of duties: Cabin Crew is a highly successful, established after school, nursery plus, playgroup and holiday club offering childcare for children aged 2 – 12 years. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for anyone with a relevant childcare qualification wishing to progress and gain valuable playwork/childcare experience in a Senior Playworker role in a fun, vibrant and quality childcare setting which offers a variety of care.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead a small team to provide excellent childcare. The Senior Playworker role will take the lead in coordinating and planning a variety of activities that engage all children inside and outside as well as be able to design specific areas to develop high quality play for a varied age range of children, accessible to all. The successful applicant will work closely within the Cabin Crew Team including the Club Manager, Assistant Manager and Trustees to:
– Ensure the legal obligations as set out in the relevant regulations are met.
– Assist with the smooth operation of the club.
– Liaise with relevant statutory and non-statutory agencies as appropriate.
– To ensure and lead on delivery of a high quality operational childcare provision.
– To liaise with various and relevant stakeholders, ensuring continued engagement with children and parents/carers.
Job location: Wrexham, LL11 5UA
How to apply: Applications to be made by email including CV and covering letter – Closing date: 22nd February 2023. Please email: email@example.com or Tel: 01978 756718 Nicola Roberts for further information
Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs advertises vacancies on behalf of Members. Potential applicants should use the contact details listed in the advertisement for additional information, and should deal directly with the person placing the advert, and not with Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs.
Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs does not accept responsibility for the quality or content of the advertisement, or employment practices of the Member placing the advert. Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs does not employ staff on behalf of any other organisation.