Childcare Coordinator – Duffryn Community Link
Closing date: 31/01/2023
Contracted weekly hours: 37 hours per week
Days of work: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hours to be worked: During term time and during holidays
Hours of work: Before school, after school, and during the school day
- Qualified level 5 in childcare or willing to work towards Level 5.
- Qualified Level 3 in Childcare
- Childcare experience of at least 2 years
- Knowledge of children safeguarding protocols
- Good communication skills
- Experience in leadership or managing a team
- Experience within both early years and out of school club childcare
- Experience in planning, observations, evaluation and paperwork other related paperwork
Description of duties:
- Duffryn Community Link are looking for a well-qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Childcare Coordinator to join and lead our outstanding childcare team.
- Our childcare provision operates Monday – Friday and consists of Sunflower Tots, Pila Pala and Holiday club. Sunflower Tots is a preschool play group for children from the age of three years. We offer 2 ½ hour sessions for three year olds and wrap around childcare of 3 ½ hours for 3-4 year old children that attend Tredegar Park Primary Nursery.
- Pila Pala is registered childcare for children from the age of three years to eleven years. We offer as breakfast club operating from 7.45am to 8.55am during term time. Our After School Club provides out of school play opportunities for three year to eleven year olds from 3pm to 5pm.
- Holiday Club is available for children from the age of three years to eleven years during Easter, Summer holidays and half term breaks. The club runs from 8am to 5pm with snacks are provided throughout the day.
- We are looking for a new childcare coordinator that is Level 3 Childcare qualified (as recognised by CIW) and who has the drive to further their professional development.
- The successful candidate will be required to work 37 hours per week, 5 days a week, between the hours of 8am and 5pm (start and finish times will be on a weekly rota basis) The childcare coordinator will be expected to carry out childcare duties such as staff cover, communicating with parents and outside agencies, and working closely with our partners including our onsite primary school, Tredegar Park Primary School.
- Please note, we are open all year around except for Bank Holidays and over the Christmas break. We are open for all other school holidays.
- All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Job location: Newport, NP108WP
How to apply: Email CV and request application form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs advertises vacancies on behalf of Members. Potential applicants should use the contact details listed in the advertisement for additional information, and should deal directly with the person placing the advert, and not with Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs.
Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs does not accept responsibility for the quality or content of the advertisement, or employment practices of the Member placing the advert. Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs does not employ staff on behalf of any other organisation.