Playworker – Plasnewydd Out of School Club, Cardiff
Closing date: 03/02/2023
Contracted weekly hours: 15 per week
Days of work: Monday-Friday
Hours to be worked: During term time (after school hours)
Salary: Depending upon qualifications and experience
Qualifications/experience required: Applicants must hold a Level 3 Qualification in Playwork or Childcare (If a Level 3 in Childcare is held the successful candidate will be required to commit to undertaking a Transition to Playwork course as this is an essential requirement of the role. This would need to be completed during the probationary period, which may be extended depending on the course start date – further details will be provided at interview)
Description of duties: Duties will include –
- Safeguarding children in your care
- Work with colleagues to create a fun, welcoming and safe space for children aged 4-11 yrs
- Planning and facilitating a variety of age appropriate activities for both indoor and outdoor play experiences that are engaging and inclusive
- Assist with the day to day running of the club and have experience of deputising in the absence of the club Manager
- Liaise with parents, board members and school staff as appropriate
- Attend Regulatory Training – Safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid, Food Hygiene
- Contribute to maintaining accurate records.
How to apply: Please email Areatha with a current C.V, detailing your experience and a statement as to why you are a suitable candidate for this position.
Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs advertises vacancies on behalf of Members. Potential applicants should use the contact details listed in the advertisement for additional information, and should deal directly with the person placing the advert, and not with Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs.
Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs does not accept responsibility for the quality or content of the advertisement, or employment practices of the Member placing the advert. Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs does not employ staff on behalf of any other organisation.