19 Princes Drive, LL29 8HT | View Map
Eligibility: Playworkers in Conwy only
Notes: Tea, Coffee and biscuits provided
Do you want inspiration on what craft activities you can provide in your setting? Do you like meeting other Playworkers to discuss and share good practice? Then this course is for you. This workshop will provide you with an opportunity to experiment with craft and how this fits in with the Playwork Principles, also to reflect on practice and identify practical ways to enhance your setting.
A 2 hour workshop for Playworkers or part of the Playworker Toolbelt, delivered either to groups or as a one to one within your setting/at a Training Centre. Aims To explore the art of facilitating craft activities for children in a Playwork environment.
• Identify the difference between free and structured craft opportunities and the benefits to children and Playworkers
• Discuss the Playwork Principles in relation to organising activities
• Discuss the purpose of planning, consultation and evaluation
• Reflect on current practice
• Reflecting on what activities Playworker are providing and how these could be adapted
• How Playworkers can support children and young people
• Planning, consultation and evaluation
• Focus on practice
• Reflecting on practice
• Sharing good practice and ideas
Suitable For Playworkers and childcare workers.