Show Racism The Red Card
Show Racism the Red Card’s annual ‘Wear Red Day’ will be taking place on Friday 20th October 2023. Last year, an incredible 440,000 individuals registered to celebrate with us on Wear Red Day. To us it was a sign that we have never been more in demand, more needed or more relevant.
Chocolate Week – October 16 – October 22
So here it is fellow chocolate lovers, the one we’ve all been waiting for, Chocolate Week! Beginning on the third Monday in October, Chocolate Week is a whole week dedicated to Chocolate. What chocolate will you celebrate with?
Apple Day – 21st October
Apple Day is typically celebrated on October 21st each year. In 2023, this day falls on a Saturday, providing a perfect opportunity to indulge in apple-related activities and savor the taste of this iconic fruit.
Visit an Apple Orchard: Spend the day at a local apple orchard, pick your own apples, and learn about different apple varieties.
- Bake Apple Treats: Try your hand at baking apple pies, apple crisps, or apple muffins to savor the delicious flavors of apples.
- Host an Apple Tasting: Organize an apple tasting event with friends and family to explore the diverse flavors and textures of apples.
- Support Local Farmers: Purchase apples and apple products from local farmers’ markets to support sustainable and regional agriculture.
- Learn About Apple History: Explore the history of apples and their cultural significance through books, documentaries, or educational programs.
- Plant Apple Trees: Consider planting apple trees in your garden or community as a sustainable way to enjoy apples in the future.