Mental Health Awareness Week- 15th- 21st May
Mental Health Awareness Week is an ideal time for us all to think about mental health, tackle stigma, and find out how we can create a society that prevents mental health problems from developing and protects our mental well-being.
Anxiety is a normal emotion but sometimes can get out of control.
Top 5 tips to deal with Anxiety:
- Keep a diary of what you are doing and how you are feeling. This will help you to understand and manage what is causing your anxiety.
- If anxiety is taking over your day try setting yourself a daily worry time- to sit and go over your concerns. Do this at a set time each day to help you focus.
- Get fresh air, exercise, meditate, breathe, catch up with a friend/ relative- do something that helps shift your focus.
- Try self help techniques- such as CBT therapy. Online self-help CBT techniques – Every Mind Matters – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Helplines and listening services – Mind