Connecting and Supporting Out of School Childcare Clubs and Communities
Through our National Lottery Community Fund Project ‘Connecting and Supporting Out of School Childcare Clubs and Communities’, 3 Regional Childcare Business Development Officers across Wales can support Clubs in the following ways:
- develop individual action plans from quality assessments to build on strengths;
- provide ongoing childcare business support to improve governance and business skills;
- help with registration with Care Inspectorate Wales and with initiatives that improve affordability such as The Childcare Offer and Tax-Free Childcare;
- deliver regional network events, with clubs developing the format and content;
- collaborate with others representing and supporting the sector to ensure accurate advice.
Jane O’Toole, Chief Executive Officer of Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs said:
“We would like to thank the National Lottery Community Fund for the grant award and of course thanks must go to the public who play the Lottery each week, without whom this funding and thus the project would not be possible.
Through this project we seek to support Clubs them with face to face visits and business skills mentoring, helping to improve the quality of play and care within Out of School Childcare Clubs through upskilling Playworkers and Managers, giving better access to care and play provision, with Clubs registered with Government initiatives that improve affordability and an overall more sustainable, well governed childcare that will provide continuity of care for children.”
Please get in touch with our Regional Offices with your suggestions for networking events you would like to attend, or if you would like further information.
Cardiff Office: 029 2074 1000 / email@example.com
Colwyn Bay Office: 01492 536318 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Hands Office: 01269 831010 / email@example.com